From time to time I like to cook, I’m not much of one, but I try. I found a quick Bolognese recipe and decided to give it a try! I’ll have to say it turned out FABULOUS!! I highly recommend Giada’s recipes. So easy to follow and nothing to crazy even a nube like myself can handle it.
- in a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- add the celery and carrots. cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- add the meat or mushrooms, and cook until meat is no longer pink or the mushrooms are soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
- stir in the tomatoes, parsley, and basil. cover and bring to a boil. reduce to simmer and cook about 30 minutes.
- season with salt and pepper and stir in the cheese.
- serve over pasta.