Remember way back when, I started the EASY basement bathroom reno? Yeah me either 🙂
Any who we hit a few road bumps and I had to bring in a plumber to help finish the job. So much for an easy quick project. After taking a look at the plumbing he was shock that there were no shut offs either. A few hours of him banging around the old sink was out and I was able to install the new floor. Which would have been easy if the floor was square. Cutting peel and stick tile out around pipes and the toilet was not fun! He came back a few days later to put the new sink in, again not as easy as I thought it would be. Here is a peek back at the old bathroom.
Are you ready for this…?
It looks sooooo much better, yes it turned out to be a pain in the ass but some projects are just like that. Here is a side by side look.
Well I did it… well not all of it, but most of it. One second I was just weeding and doing normal yard work, and the next I was chopping down the large pricker bushes. I didn’t do as much as I originally planned on doing, but I’m very happy with the outcome!
DAY 1 ( rip em out)
I wanted to transplant all the pachysandra to the side of the house but it was just to hard to dig it all up. So I ripped it out, I know, I know lame. I’m paying for it though, my arms are killing me!
I bought 5 new bushes to plant as well. They are tiny right now but next summer they will look great. Girls on a budget but at 6 bucks a pop not to shabby. Here is what they will look like one day
Are you ready for the big reveal?? I’m sure you all have been losing sleep over this. I ended up using the same paint color as our hallway and living room. It was free and what I had laying around. The trim is the same glossy white as throughout the house.
I was sick of looking into the yuck side of the basement while painting. So I ran to TJmaxx and Bed Bath & Beyond to look for a tension rod and curtains. I was pretty happy with the outcome and the Cost- $30.00!
BTW, I found a solution to the light fixture at the bottom of the stairs! When at Ikea I picked up lamp shade and plopped it on. DONE!
I’m super happy with the outcome and looking forward to transforming the creepy bathroom and Hubs room down there as well.
Total cost of this project:
Primer $0.00 (bought years ago)
Paint $0.00 (bought years ago)
Tension Rod $14.99 TJMaxx (retail 25.00)
Curtains $14.99 BB&B (sale 35.00)
There were few project that could wait till a later date. New doors was not one of them. I grew up in a older home with moulding and 6 panel doors. Our house had none of that charm I was accustom to. I knew we didnt have allot to spend on new doors. So I thought a little bit of paint could go a long way over our flat boring pine doors. 4 coats of primer later (sucked that paint in like NO other) I looked into buying new doors. Our front and back doors were very country look not to mention a nice shade of painters tape blue. The idea of painting them one more time kinda made me batty.
The closet doors were a mix of cheap louvered doors and the same flat pine doors as well. Same issue NO CHARM, boring!!! The Hubs and I found a local fix-it crew and had them quote out the cost of new doors and closets doors. In my head I was thinking we cant afford this, its going to be $$$$. When we got the quote back I was SHOCKED and so excited only $700.00!!!
2 Main Doors (front and back)
4 Bedroom Doors (6 panel)
5 Sets of bifold (6 panel) closet doors.
A few weeks later we were living door-less for awhile. Which if you know me well, these are the sort of things that make me crazy. But I tried my hardest to remain calm and know it was not forever!
FINALLY the wait was over and we had our new doors in and it completely changed the look and feel of the house. We were so happy with the results, once again Homedepot to the rescue! While we were at we added new light fixtures to the hall as well from Homedepot. Twin Pack Flushmounts in Brushed Nickel Finish with Frosted White Glass. UM HELLO @ PACK FOR $20.00, what a great deal!
TAAAA-DAAAA the finished look!
I’ve painted the front door in the past few weeks but havent gotten around to take a picture yet. Also slowly adding moulding around the door frames.